- King Selassie I – King Selassie I (is) a man. We Rasta call him “Jah Rastafari.”
- God of Rasta people – Jah Rastafari is the God of Rasta People. But, if you ask a Rasta he/she will say, he is the god of “all people.”
- A Spirit Entity that lives – We Rasta never say King Selassie I is dead. We Rasta refer to H.I.M in the present tense. He is so powerful, and so necessary to life, that he lives forever…in spirit.
- The creator of Heaven and Earth – Jah Rastafari is the creator of heaven and earth. Some people call him “God.” If you called upon me but not by my right name, I also may not answer.
- The spirituality of Nazirites – Rastafari is the spirituality of the Nazirites of the biblical times. Rastafari is of today. Same spirituality. “no razor shall come upon his head” Rasta Dreadlocks grow and flow and hang down low.
- Jah Rastafari beliefs of Rasta people – Jah Rastafari is the name of our spirituality. Rastafari people are the people who know Jah Rastafari is the creator. We are also called “Rasta.” For short.
I hope this helped to clarify how Rasta use the term “Jah Rastafari.”
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post.
Please check out my book entitled “Jah Rastafari/”
Some other links on this website you might like.