Hi guys welcome to my blog. My name is Empress Yuajah. I am a full-time blogger and Author. I write mostly about Jamaican Culture and Rastafari Livity. I have created a new book entitled “White Rastafari” for all my Caucasian brothers and Sistren who want to follow the Rastafari way of life. Here is the beginning of the book.
Copyright © 2012 Empress Yuajah
All rights reserved.
Title ID: 4086045
Can a white person be a Rastafari?
Yes a white person can be a Rastafari! It’s not so much about the colour of the person’s skin color, it is about the heart of the person. Jah sees and knows all things. He knows if we are good, or if we allow ourselves to be instruments of Satan. White people are also chosen as Rastafari, in the same way that black Rasta is chosen. White Rasta does not have different practices than black Rasta. Everything is the same. White Rasta, praises King Selassie I, They eat Ital Rasta food, they listen to Rasta Reggae music, they burn Nag Champa incense…everything is the same! Jah does not look at the person’s skin colour when he chooses his messengers, he looks at the heart.
About me the Author
I, Empress Yuajah wrote ‘How to Become a Rasta’ back in 2011. As a born Rastafari, all of what I know has been written on my heart, and when I shared Rastafari in that book, it was written from the perspective of that inscription. I tried to include facts about Rastafari, for those who seek this type of guidance, in ‘White Rastafari.’ Rastafari is all-encompassing, spiritual, factual, historical etc. I hope this book answers some of the questions you have concerning Rastafari and provides a guide for you on how to follow the Rastafari livity.
Jah Bless, More Love.
White Rastafari are special!
Did you know that to black Rastafari people, white Rastafari people are special? Heres why. White people are not expected to have dreadlocks, so when they do, black Rasta find it very appealing. We are intrigued that even though to wear dreadlocks is not the way of your ancestors. Yet, still you choose to wear the hair in this fashion? Black Rasta may want to learn more about the way you live. As white Rastafari, you can expect that many black Rasta will approach you for conversation, and friendship, and treat as special and unique.
Jah is Boundless
I had one Jamaican guy, tell me I cannot be Rastafari because I am not a born Jamaican. What he does not know is that he (in his limited thinking) is putting boundaries on the powers of Jah. I understood that he truly does not understand the power or the magnitude of The Most High. Jah is boundless, limitless, All knowing, and all-powerful. After hearing some of my music that Jah helped me to create – he recanted saying, ‘only a Jamaican can do that!’
White Rastafari are born every day
Could you imagine if Jah made all nations in a way that one cannot be like the other, and this spiritual way of life is designated for only those people with such and such a skin colour? That sound like ‘paint by numbers.’ spirituality is not like that. With the variations of all nations, naturally are going to be remnants, here and there. Spiritual, cultural, and DNA. That is normal. With that being said, white Rastafari are born every day and, The Most High rejoices.
What is White Rastafari?
I designed this book to, strengthen your mind as white Rasta, with spiritual truth, and guide you to live a life that is clean and pure, so that you may enter Holy Mount Zion. There is no such thing as White Rastafari per say, only Rastafari taught with the White Rasta in mind.
I want to embrace this way of life, but I have questions
Many white persons who wish to embrace Rastafari have questions, and rightfully so. This book was designed to answer those questions, so that you may feel informed before embracing this way of life. Let’s look at some common questions concerning Rastafari.
- Why do Rasta say that King Selassie I is God?
- Why is it mostly black people who embrace this way of life?
- What are the beliefs and principles of the Rastafari Peoples?
- How do I know Rastafari is Right for me?
If you have friends who are Rastafari, this helps. If you have a significant other who is a Rasta, this helps too. The truth is, most Rasta, are Rastafari all on their very own. Both my parents are Christian. And my siblings are both Christian as well. Here I am 34 years of age and a natty dreadlocks Empress. I don’t need anybody’s approval. The Almighty sees and knows my heart, and I live my life to please him alone.
Rastafari is a about entering Holy Mount Zion. We adhere to a strict code for living and eating to keep us clean in mind, body, and spirit. If you believe there is a higher power and that everybody…” Read the rest of “White Rastafari” the eBook. Buy it on jamaicanrastafarianlove.com
Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a Rastafari woman, from Toronto. I am a blogger, writer, singer, songwriter, and online Entrepreneur. I wrote this blog post to help people learn how to be Rasta, with some simple changes. If you would like some more detailed guidance, on how to follow the Rasta Way of Life, Check out my book “How to Become a Rasta” or “White Rastafari.”
- Become a vegan – Clean out all meat and milk from your refrigerator, you wont be
needing it anymore.
- Say “Jah” not “God” – Rastafarian’s call God Jah
- Love The Black Identity – Rastafarian’s know that the black identity was made unique and special by Jah
- Grow your natty Dreadlocks – If you want to be Rasta you will need to have dreadlocks, it’s the most important part
- Learn the principles of Rastafari – There are about 10 main principles of Rastafari every Rasta knows. You can read them in my book “White Rastafari” or my new book “Rastafari: Beliefs and Principles”
- Know Jesus was a Rasta man – Jesus was a Nazarite which means he was a biblical times Rasta man
- Learn about Emperor Haile Selassie I – Learn about King Selassie I. Rastafari call him God
- Read the King James version bible – Rastafarians only read the King James version bible
- Burn Nag Champa incense – Rastas love Nag Champa incense
- Defend the oppressed – Rasta represent equal rights and Justice for all at all times
- Visit Jamaica – Many Rasta come from Jamaica. Visiting Jamaica will further your
awareness of Rastafari
- Keep your temple clean – Rastafarian’s believe a clean body, makes clean mind, makes clean spirit
- Avoid swearing – Rastafarian’s view swearing as unclean
- Spend time in nature – Spend time in nature. Rastafarians believe Jah is in Nature
- Become an expert on Ethiopian History – Rastas know the history of Ethiopia
- Buy your first Lion of Judah Flag – Many Rasta own the Lion of Judah Flag as it symbolized King Selassie I of Ethiopia
- Buy a Lion of Judah bumper sticker – Many Jamaican Rasta go wild over a Rastafari bumper sticker. (we just love it, its cute to boot!)
- Meditate – Meditation is a big part of Rastafari spirituality
- Live in Love – Rasta believe love makes many things better
- Listen to Rasta Reggae Music – Deep Rastafari only listen to Rastafari Reggae Music, such as Bob Marley, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Sizzla, Alborosie etc.
- Learn more about how to become a Rastafarian, check my other blog.
- Rasta Way of Life for Empress Rules
- A Book for Beginnger White Rasta’s
- How to Be a Rastafari man some tips
- Who is Jah Rastafari?
- What are the founding Beliefs of Rastafarianism?
- What are some dietary Restrictions of Rastafarians?
Jah Rastafari: Beliefs and Way of Life
Hey guys…I wrote this book, as a detailed guidebook to help those who are interested in following the faith of Rastafari. I hope the table of contents inspires you…I hope the book is helpful. May Jah guide you and bless you on the Journey, Rastafari.
Table of Contents
- THE CHOICE OF RASTAFARI
- IMPORTANCE OF KING SELASSIE I AND EMPRESS MENEN IN RASTAFARI
- 6 STEPS TO CONVERT TO RASTAFARI
- HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR RASTA NAME
- 4 WAYS TO MEDITATE AS A RASTA
- WHY ARE YOU A RASTA?
- 4 PILLARS OF RASTAFARI HEALTH
- ITAL FOOD AS RASTA
- 6 SPIRITUAL OBLIGATIONS OF RASTAFARI
- BIBLE STUDY AS A RASTA
- WHITE RASTAFARI
- THE MEANING OF DREADLOCKS AS A RASTA
- OVERSTANDING JAH ZION & BABYLON
- HOW TO RAISE A RASTA CHILD
- FINDING A RASTA MENTOR
- KING SELASSIE I SPEECHES
- MY RASTA JOURNEY