Hello and welcome to my blog. I am a Rastafari woman, from Toronto. I am a blogger, writer, singer, songwriter, and online Entrepreneur. I wrote this blog post to help people learn how to be Rasta, with some simple changes. If you would like some more detailed guidance, on how to follow the Rasta Way of Life, Check out my book “How to Become a Rasta” or “White Rastafari.”
- Become a vegan – Clean out all meat and milk from your refrigerator, you wont be
needing it anymore.
- Say “Jah” not “God” – Rastafarian’s call God Jah
- Love The Black Identity – Rastafarian’s know that the black identity was made unique and special by Jah
- Grow your natty Dreadlocks – If you want to be Rasta you will need to have dreadlocks, it’s the most important part
- Learn the principles of Rastafari – There are about 10 main principles of Rastafari every Rasta knows. You can read them in my book “White Rastafari” or my new book “Rastafari: Beliefs and Principles”
- Know Jesus was a Rasta man – Jesus was a Nazarite which means he was a biblical times Rasta man
- Learn about Emperor Haile Selassie I – Learn about King Selassie I. Rastafari call him God
- Read the King James version bible – Rastafarians only read the King James version bible
- Burn Nag Champa incense – Rastas love Nag Champa incense
- Defend the oppressed – Rasta represent equal rights and Justice for all at all times
- Visit Jamaica – Many Rasta come from Jamaica. Visiting Jamaica will further your awareness of Rastafari
- Keep your temple clean – Rastafarian’s believe a clean body, makes clean mind, makes clean spirit
- Avoid swearing – Rastafarian’s view swearing as unclean
- Spend time in nature – Spend time in nature. Rastafarians believe Jah is in Nature
- Become an expert on Ethiopian History – Rastas know the history of Ethiopia
- Buy your first Lion of Judah Flag – Many Rasta own the Lion of Judah Flag as it symbolized King Selassie I of Ethiopia
- Buy a Lion of Judah bumper sticker – Many Jamaican Rasta go wild over a Rastafari bumper sticker. (we just love it, its cute to boot!)
- Meditate – Meditation is a big part of Rastafari spirituality
- Live in Love – Rasta believe love makes many things better
- Listen to Rasta Reggae Music – Deep Rastafari only listen to Rastafari Reggae Music, such as Bob Marley, Dennis Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Sizzla, Alborosie etc.
- Learn more about how to become a Rastafarian, check my other blog.
- Rasta Way of Life for Empress Rules
- A Book for Beginnger White Rasta’s
- How to Be a Rastafari man some tips
- Who is Jah Rastafari?
- What are the founding Beliefs of Rastafarianism?
- What are some dietary Restrictions of Rastafarians?
Jah Rastafari: Beliefs and Way of Life
Hey guys…I wrote this book, as a detailed guidebook to help those who are interested in following the faith of Rastafari. I hope the table of contents inspires you…I hope the book is helpful. May Jah guide you and bless you on the Journey, Rastafari.
Table of Contents
- THE CHOICE OF RASTAFARI
- IMPORTANCE OF KING SELASSIE I AND EMPRESS MENEN IN RASTAFARI
- 6 STEPS TO CONVERT TO RASTAFARI
- HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR RASTA NAME
- 4 WAYS TO MEDITATE AS A RASTA
- WHY ARE YOU A RASTA?
- 4 PILLARS OF RASTAFARI HEALTH
- ITAL FOOD AS RASTA
- 6 SPIRITUAL OBLIGATIONS OF RASTAFARI
- BIBLE STUDY AS A RASTA
- WHITE RASTAFARI
- THE MEANING OF DREADLOCKS AS A RASTA
- OVERSTANDING JAH ZION & BABYLON
- HOW TO RAISE A RASTA CHILD
- FINDING A RASTA MENTOR
- KING SELASSIE I SPEECHES
- MY RASTA JOURNEY