JAH RASTAFARI WAY OF LIFE BOOKS
|Rasta Way of Life||Life as a rasta woman|
What are the dietary restrictions of Rastafarians? by Empress Yuajah
Answer by Empress Yuajah:
Well…we have many dietary restrictions…however, it depends on how that Rasta chooses to follow the Rasta Livity (faith). Deeply or not so deeply.
- Rasta do not add salt to food – Rasta believe Salt is something that creeps up and causes illness in the body. More Jah spiritually without the salt.
- Rasta don’t eat eggs (I don’t) – I don’t eat chicken or chicken embryos. Instead I eat tofu or vegan bologna (something like that)
- Rasta do not drink cows milk – Instead we often opt for Almond, or Soya Milk.
- Rasta do not eat any meat, or Chicken – Rasta love to eat fish, vegetables, fruits, and legumes.
- Rasta Refrain from drinking Alcohol – Beer included. Wine Included. Some Rasta consume Alcohol.
- Rasta do not eat Shell fish – We believe shell fish are dirty because they clean the bottom of the Sea. Rasta believe causes illness in the body.
Again all of these things depend on the individual Rasta. You will find Rasta who consume Alcohol…we are allowed according to our faith. We Rasta know our fate by our choices, so if you witness a Rasta doing these things….he is aware that it is against his fate. He is choosing his own destiny.
Rasta have other Restrictions besides dietary. Read about them in my bookon amazon.
Check out this blog post on Rasta Woman Ital food rules and tools….where to buy Rasta Ital Vegan Soya Chunks