I wanted to put up a quick explanation of What Rastafari is. But first let me tell you what it is not. I feel it important to address this because people can only understand things within the scope of what is familiar to them.
Rastafari is not….
- Rastafari is not a Religion- So to call Rastafari Rastafarianism, is unacceptable.
- Rastafari is not a cult- there is no congregation. Well except maybe to celebrate the King and other holy days
- Rastafari is not about Marijuana smoke and dreadlocks– Marijuana is spiritual for Rasta. It connects us to our ancestors and for many of us induces a meditative state. Dreadlocks are a permanent external representation of our inner love for Jah Rastafari.
- Rastafari is not a Religion – As Rasta we know that all Religion is man made and man corrupted, therefor we feel to follow Religion is to accept the lies of society and to currupt your own mind. From an Emrpess perspective, Religion was never supposed to be, but it is a means of control by government and Religious figures in power.
What is Rastafari?
Rastafari is a Faith, but much deeper. Rastafari is an awareness. I was thinking about this as I was getting ready for work this morning. How I could explain Rastafari to the people so they can stop putting it into their minds as a Religion.
a way of life that centers on awareness.so what is that awareness
- Awareness that the land is special and important to life and a relationship with the creator
- Awareness that other nations, and Self should be treated with Respect and dignity
- Awareness that to disobey Jah means to pay a price, in other words means to contribute to your own unhappiness
- Awareness that the planet needs more love acceptance and understanding
So you can see Rastafari is a way of thinking, a way of being, and I feel the planet would be a much better place if more and more people would follow the Rastafari livity. I am trying very had to create a book that everyone can read that teaches the principles and beliefs of the Rastafari way of life. It is really necessary in a time such as this. Its called “Jah Rastafari”
Here is a list of the topics covered in this book…
1. THE CHOICE OF RASTAFARI
2. IMPORTANCE OF KING SELASSIE I AND EMPRESS MENEN IN RASTAFARI
3. 6 STEPS TO CONVERT TO RASTAFARI
4. HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR RASTA NAME
5. 4 WAYS TO MEDITATE AS A RASTA
6. WHY ARE YOU A RASTA?
7. 4 PILLARS OF RASTAFARI HEALTH
8. ITAL FOOD AS RASTA
9. 6 SPIRITUAL OBLIGATIONS OF RASTAFARI
10. BIBLE STUDY AS A RASTA
11. WHITE RASTAFARI
12. THE MEANING OF DREADLOCKS AS A RASTA
13. OVERSTANDING JAH ZION & BABYLON
14. HOW TO RAISE A RASTA CHILD
15. FINDING A RASTA MENTOR
16. KING SELASSIE I SPEECHES
17. MY RASTA JOURNEY
Rastafari is not a Cult
Rastafari comes from God, the creator. I have never congregated with more than 4 Rasta in my life, yet I am Rasta. I was born this way. I know Jah made us like this because he knows the earth needs a loving army that knows the truth, and whose life mission is to spread love and truth. It absolutely beautiful how you can read something here, and go and find another born Rastafari and confirm this information with them. No it does not come from reading books, and no I don’t have some secret Rasta boyfriend I am learning from. Jah created Rastafari, and the purpose is for us to teach the people how to live clean and pure in The eyes of the Most High, so we can all enter holy Mount Zion.
Many people now a days are choosing Rastafari as their faith, and rightfully so. It is the duty of Rasta to teach the people so we can “stir” the emotions and thoughts of Rastafari is them, that they may also choose love light and eternal life.
Rasta congregate to celebrate….King Selassie I Birthday, the Ethiopian New Year, The crowning of King Selassie I. We have no special induction rituals. Believe me, if we were doing this I would not be here today.
I love you all. Jah loves you too…otherwise he wouldn’t have sent you here.
Blessed Love. Jah Rastafari