Ital Rasta Diet Food Laws
What is the meaning of “Ital food Diet” as a Rasta?
The word Ital in Rastafari means clean and natural. The words Ital food Diet, means Food that clean and natural, unpacked and unprocessed, as much as possible. Why do Rasta eats Ital food?
- Ital Rasta food is….Better for the health of the human body
- Ital Rasta food is ….Better for the planet
- Ital Rasta food is know Ital food ….good for Strengthening the body for spiritual awareness
6 examples of good Ital Rasta foods are…
- beans and peas that you have to soak and cook yourself bought from the bulk food store
- fresh organic fruits and vegetables
- dried fruits and nuts and seeds
- non dairy yogurt
- Fresh leafy green salads
- Organic fruit Juice such as orange juice, or apple juice, or strawberry juice or a fruit smoothie.
The Reason Rasta do not eat certain food
- That particular food lacks nutritional value
- That particular food It is bad for the human body/holy Temple of Jah
- It curbs spiritual health – It other words it is bad for the Rasta body
- It is against the Rastafarian food laws – It is against Rasta food laws for health, vitality, and wellness
Ital Food Rasta Diet ….Foods that lack nutritional value!
Even though we Rasta avoid eating white food as Rasta we do eat white food but in moderation. We are aware as a spiritual body of people, but we keep in mind that most white foods typically lack nutritional value, and can cause ailments in the body when consumed in large quantities over time.
- Read the laws of cooking Ital Rasta food here.
- Check out the book on how to become a Rastafarian man here
White foods Rasta eats very seldom …..
- White Rice
- White potatoes
- White Yam
- White Bread
- White Pasta
Rasta enjoys a diet that adds nutrients to the body.
As a new Rasta you may eat these foods in small quantities, or not at all. The reason is Rasta eats an ital food diet for spiritual reasons. The more we adhere to the Rasta diet, the closer we draw to Jah. It’s not for fun, or the enjoyment of personal restriction. It’s to increase our Rasta spiritual meditations, and our Jah Rastafari spiritual awareness. Check out the Rastafari meditation handbook to learn more.
|STEW CHICKEN||ITAL FOOD LAWS|
|JAMAICAN PATTY||JERK CHUNKS||
When Rasta wants to substitute the white food he may eat…
- Brown rice instead of white rice
- brown whole grain pasta instead of white bleached pasta
- brown bread whole grain bread
- White Potatoes in moderation
- White Yam in moderation
- Check out this Recipe for cooking Jamaican Rice and peas at home.
- Read the best selling ebook Rasta way of life on amazon.com
Deep Coloured foods have more nutrients for Rasta Temple
When it comes to food and health, black is beneficial. While green is hailed as the eco-health standard, new food research is revealing that the dark side of nature holds good things as well. According to doctors James Joseph and Daniel Nadeau (see Resources), “In the ORAC* tests at Tufts, blue foods quenched more free radicals than any other foods. Blueberries and blackberries were clear winners among fresh fruits; prunes and raisins among dried fruits.” Indeed, dark-coloured fruits and vegetables are nutritional powerhouses due to the intense doses of antioxidant anthocyanins they contain.
Light/white coloured foods lack nutrients for the body
The same food article goes on to say….
we’d be healthier if we got most of our carbohydrates from “smart carbs” like fruits, vegetables, legumes, low-fat dairy, and whole grains. The bottom line: White, refined foods can be part of a healthy diet, but moderation is key. Read the full article on white carbs here on webmd.
Foods commonly eaten on a Rasta Ital food Diet….
- dark black beans
- wild rice
- Lentiles (lentil soup recipe)
- Butternut Squash
To name a few. I have an Ital Rasta cookbook coming out soon. Which will provide a more extensive list…For now check out these 7 Ital Rasta food Diet Recipes on my other blog.
Rasta Prays before eating his Ital food
In Rastafari everything is spiritual. Therefor eating is a spiritual experience for a Rasta. It is common for us to say a prayer of thanks for the food and ask Jah to bless the food.
Rasta prayer before eating.
Bless this food that I am about to eat.
I Give Thanks…
King Selassie I, Jah Rastafari.”
3 Rasta Ital Food Diet Laws concerning salt
- Use a dash of Sea salt to cook Ital Rasta food
- No table salt to cook Ital Rasta food
- Himalayan Mountain Salt is best to cook Rasta Ital food
Himalayan Salt Benefits
Rasta also may use Himalayan mountain salt, for food. When I did research on the benefits of Himalayan salt, the findings blew my mind. I conclude those of us not ingesting himalayan salt are missing out on a key part of health optimization.
Rasta use Himalayan Salt for food
Containing at least 84 naturally occurring trace elements in their natural mineral form, the benefits of natural Himalayan Crystal Salt include
- Regulating the water content throughout your body.
- Promoting healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly your brain cells.
- Promoting blood sugar health.
List of Ital Foods Rasta may eat for breakfast
- Pancakes made with unbleached flour and no eggs
- Whole grain cereal with dried fruit and soya milk
- Whole grain Oats Portage
List of Ital foods Rasta may eat for lunch
- Cold Greens and beans Salad
- Pumpkin and Butternut Squash soup
- Hot Curried tofu with some Cauliflower or broccoli
- Check out this recipe for Ital Curried Carrot soup on my Jamaican Rasta Blog.
12 laws of the Ital food Rasta Diet
- organic food that grows on a tree, not created by synthetic seeds etc. ..
- unpack-aged/bulk food
- no meat
- no preservatives
- only natural sugars such as honey, molasses or cane sugar
- no salt added to foods or natural salt added only
- Rastas have stopped eating fish
- only olive oil to cook food
- No Eggs
- No alcohol, no beer, no wine, no liquor
- Rasta eat white food in moderation
- Rasta eat refined sugar in moderation
3 Cancer Causing foods Rasta do not eat!
The other day I was doing some research on the top 10 most cancer causing foods. The reasons why these foods cause cancer vary, but the reasons fell perfectly within the Rastafarian food laws and why we keep them.
- Carbonated Drinks – Unnatural foods. coca cola does not grow on a tree. It is all chemical. I believe the bubbles themselves are unhealthy for the human body.
- Microwavable food – Rasta do not eat food that cannot be cooked naturally on a stove or over a wood fire. If for some reason we must eat it, we do so in moderation.
- Canned Food – Rasta do not eat canned foods because food does not preserve naturally in a can. A can is a piece of metal not meant to contain food in a healthy manner for humans to open and eat
Ital Rasta Food Diet is the healthiest for everyone
An Ital food diet is the best for the human body for so many reasons. Care about what foods you eat, and your body will take care of you. Read the clear list of foods Rasta do not ingest including Alcohol. Click here.
|RASTA WAY OF LIFE BOOK||LIFE AS A RASTA WOMAN BOOK|